ASiF invites artists to submit entries for its 2019 MASKED Exhibition!
- Show dates TBA -
Masks have long been created for use in ceremonial and theatrical settings to explore and define human relationship between individuals, communities and the world.
As masks have been removed from their original context of adornment in ceremony and performance, existing primarily as static museum objects and decorative art, it has been suggested by historians that their potential for conveying larger messages about life and humanity has been lost. Let this is our challenge!
For this exhibit masks are defined as low relief wall forms inspired by the human face, animals, nature, spirituality or any concept or idea the artist chooses to interpret.
“Masked” is a juried exhibition…
- Originality and creative use of materials a must.
- All media are welcome & there are no size limitations.
- Up to two masks per artist may be submitted.
- Masks should be ready to hang, LOW RELIEF WALL FORMS.
- Though original artist made forms are strongly encouraged, commercial-made/store-bought mask forms may be accepted.
- Collaborations between 3D and 2D artists are strongly encouraged!
- VISIT THIS PAGE SOON FOR LINKS TO TWO UPCOMING MASK MAKING WORKSHOPS FOR ARTISTS THIS
Ceramic Mask Making with Claudia Jeffers - Dates TBA
Email Claudia at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility and Requirements:
Submit quality photographs by August 19 - Emailed to: email@example.com
All work must be dry, ready to hang LOW RELIEF WALL FORMS that secure to the wall with wires or on recessed notches.
Accepted entries to be accompanied by a brief artist’s statement (100 words or less) that addresses the source of inspiration for the mask; medium/materials /techniques used to make the piece. This information will be included on the gallery label.
ASiF may disqualify pieces upon delivery which have not been accurately represented in digital image form, or which otherwise do not meet ASiF Art Specs and Show Requirements.
Entry Fee and Commissions:
$20 entry fee for 1 – 2 masks.
40% (20% for ASiF Residents) commission on sales. will be retained for gallery sales
Entry fees cover accepted artworks only and are paid upon delivery.
Dates & Deadlines:
Submit Entries by Aug 19, 2019 - Show dates TBA